Are you an EPIC Youth Leader?
The EPIC Coalition is searching for youth leaders who want to make a positive difference in their community. EPIC is offering grants to youth (ages 11-20) from Cowlitz County to deliver a youth-led, community service project that aligns with EPIC’s mission:
“Mobilizing community members and resources to support youth and families in building a safe, healthy, and drug-free lifestyle.”
EPIC will fund community service projects which are:
• Aligned with the EPIC mission (public safety & health / youth substance prevention). Remember, youth substance prevention can include promoting inclusion and kindness; along with awareness and education.
• Benefitting health and safety in your school or the community
• Supported by at least one adult (such as a teacher, counselor, youth worker, or adult mentor)
Examples of just a few project ideas: organize a cleanup day at the park/river/trail; implement an anti-vaping campaign at your school, sponsor a run/walk for prevention awareness; plan a project that promotes positivity/kindness/healthy living, etc. GET CREATIVE!
Step one: Tell us about your project by filling out an application form.
Step two: Send us your completed application form by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Step three: The grant committee will review your application and let you know if it has been successful within two weeks of receiving it.
A STRONG PROJECT WILL INCLUDE:
• An explanation of why the project is needed in your school or community.
• A clear alignment with the EPIC Coalition’s mission and goals.
• An opportunity for youth to gain valuable skills and knowledge.
• The potential to make a lasting impact in your school or community.
If you have any questions about your project idea, the application process, or would like help preparing your grant application, email email@example.com or call 360-355-3142.